Ugg boots have taken the fashion world by storm. They have been spotted on the feet of the rich and the famous, from film actors to pop princess and everyone in between. In fact they are a fashion staple and can be found in the wardrobe of every fashion conscious diva. Read on to see all that you have ever wanted to know about Ugg boots Australia.
The History of Ugg Boots
Though you may know that the Uggs are here to stay, let’s take a crash course in history and check out how these boots actually came into being.
- The Uggs history can be dated back to the First World War. During those days pilots used to wear fleece lined boots called FUGs or flying Uggs.
- Later on these boots were worn by farmers in Australia during the 1930s to protect their feet from the cold.
- In the 1960s the Uggs became popular amongst Australian surfers who wore them to warm their feet after surfing.
- Slowly people started to wear these boots at home and outside for warmth and comfort.
- As legend goes Ugg actually stands for ugly. Probably in those days these could have been known as ugly boots. Or simply ugh boots.
Different Styles for Different Tastes
The Ugg boots come in a variety of styles and designs. These include
- Short and tall boots
- Ugg boots for men and women
- Ugg boots for children
- For women the colors may vary anywhere from jewel tones like scarlet, emerald or neon to the usual black and tan.
- Ugg boots for men come in a variety of neutral colors.
- Some boots are like soft slip-on’s while others maybe high heeled and with laces
Where and When To Wear Ugg Boots
A good ugg boots sale will have lots of different styles available. Though these boots are well known for the warmth and comfort which they provide, they are somewhat of a casual style. However they shouldn’t be worn in extremely muddy or wet conditions. They are okay for a walk around the street or in the city but aren’t meant for extreme weather conditions like snow.
Ugg boots have become a sort of a style statement and can be worn with a pair of skinny jeans or a long skirt too. Check out a few fashion blogs for a complete know-how on how to pair Uggs with your wardrobe.
Caring For Your Ugg Boots
Since these boots are pretty expensive you wouldn’t want them to be flawed as soon as you wear them. In order to make sure that your boots last for a long time make sure you clean them suing the right kind of products. You should try to buy the care kit for your Ugg boots. It compromises of a stain or water repellent and a cleaner and conditioner. In fact there are also items like dry wool cleaner and or the leather balm as well.
When you make sure to use all these products chances are that your Uggs will keep on looking as good as new.